Digital Marketing Coordinator
Rocket is one of Australia’s most respected digital agencies. We are Surry Hills based and work with well-established Australian businesses to assist them to generate more leads through digital channels.
We don’t just do great work for our clients but also offer a fantastic place to work. This was reflected in us winning a place in the 2014 BRW Best Places To Work. We put loads of work into creating a workplace culture that makes our staff love coming to work. This in turn, means our clients get great results by having a motivated team working on their project.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a hard-working, dynamic and passionate candidate to join us as a Junior Marketer. You will be central in putting your marketing smarts to work across a diverse range of campaigns and clients!
This will be a fast-paced role where you will undertake a diverse range of duties to help our precious clients to generate better success from their campaigns. As a Junior Marketer in our Production Team you will be responsible for:
- Manage content efforts – We are big believers in developing great content and getting it out there into the greater world. It will be part of your job to take already created content and ensure its distributed effectively across digital channels; websites, Facebook, Linkedin etc.
- Managing and amplifying social channels – As well as distributing content, you’ll be heavily engaged in running paid campaigns to maximise our reach online (you’ll of course have access to our internal team of specialists in this area).
- Coordinating with different staff in the agency – You will sit at the middle of a range of marketing efforts. As such you will need to be coordinating with management, marketing tech’s, writers, account managers and the rest of our team to ensure client campaigns runs smoothly.
- Draft, manage and send emails – Email campaigns continue to bring fantastic results for clients. Part of your role will be in executing a nurture strategy for various clients.
- Learn – This is a junior role, we dont expect an expert. Depending on your skillset and knowledge we will skill you up to fill the gaps. Maybe its becoming certified in Inbound Marketing & Hubspot, maybe Google Analytics or maybe Google Adwords. The industry changes fast, and we’ll invest in your professional development.
- Miscellaneous tasks: This isn’t the type of role where each day will be the same. We are busy folk in a fast paced industry. As such you need to be the type of person that will jump into a range of tasks with excitement and as a sense of opportunity.
What You Will Learn
As you will see below, we aren’t looking for the most experienced person in the world for this role. We are looking for a smart, motivated and energetic candidate who is ready to forge a highly successful career in marketing. What better way to start than by marketing a marketing agency. Here is what you will gain:
- You will work in an awesome environment. We have a really nice office just 300m from Central Station. You get all the perks of agency life; free food, Friday beers, cool music etc. But the best part is that you will be working with awesome people. We offer a friendly yet hard-working environment, you’ll be made to feel welcome.
- You will learn oodles about digital marketing (and marketing in general). We are guns at running effective digital marketing campaigns. You will be working with some of Australia’s leading marketing strategists and specialists on a daily basis. What better way to start your career as a marketer
- You will be thrown into a role where you will be have an actual impact. This isn’t big corporate life where your brilliant ideas will be shot down and your very life will be drained from you each day. We are a nimble bunch and open to great ideas. Sure there will be parts of the role that aren’t so glamorous, but your efforts will have a tangible impact on the team around you.
- You will skill-up with cutting edge information and awesome platforms. We are a Google Partner, a HubSpot partner and more. We play with the coolest tools and platforms on the market and you’ll have access to this on a daily basis.
As noted above this is an entry-level but demanding position. If you are a graduate that is fine! If you have a few years’ experience and want to take it to the next step – that is fine as well! Your passion for digital marketing will be the key to your success in this fast paced role. This is what we want:
- A marketer (we want someone that wants to eat, sleep and breathe marketing)
- A degree in marketing (or relevant degree; business, communications etc)
- Some professional experience will be looked upon favourably (either in a similar role or a role where you gained suitable experience)
- An unparalleled work ethic. We won’t be expecting 8am to 8pm type hours – we expect you to have a life. That said, we don’t want a clock watcher. We want someone who will be passionate about our agency, about digital and about their own career. This isn’t for someone looking for “just a job”.
- A strong attention to detail
- Great communication skills (written and verbal)
- A genuine & outgoing people person
- A commitment. We aren’t asking you to sign your life away, but equally, we don’t want to invest in training you for you to explain you’ve been planning that two year European sojourn all along.
We are down to earth and hardworking. Our team of about 30 people are our greatest asset and we value staff with a no nonsense attitude. No games, politics or cliques – just a great bunch of people who work hard to make our clients happy. And of course darts, free soft drink, fresh fruit and a fully stocked beer fridge.
We are offering an attractive salary package for the right candidate.